Cutler Group’s FPGA team is seeking to add a creative and self-motivated Low Latency Hardware/Software Engineer to its team. If you enjoy going beyond standards/specifications and exploring subtle details of FPGA, software, and network architecture to build an outperforming yet safe low-latency trading system, this position is for you. We value candidates with a strong drive to learn and contribute on top of previous technical experience.
Expectations & Required Experience
- 2+ years of professional experience in hardware/RTL design
- Work closely with the FPGA and software teams to implement new trading strategies or enhance existing ones
- Have in-depth knowledge of FPGA architecture, design, verification, and debug (Xilinx platform preferred)
- Write elegant and highly efficient FPGA code that meets challenging timing constraints while being easy to verify and maintain (VHDL preferred)
- Contribute to overall system architecture and identify areas for improvement
- Strong object-oriented programming skills with C++ in a Linux environment
- Understand nuances of computer networks, operating systems and low level programming
- Be willing to take ownership of FPGA applications in production including HW/SW debug, performance analysis, and operational support as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related fields
- Understand packet processing pipelines for 10/25/40G networks for protocols such as Ethernet, IP, UDP, TCP
- Software development in Python, bash/tcl scripting
- Prior experience or a strong interest in finance/options trading
- FINRA certifications (e.g. Series 7, 57)
Cutler Group LP offers competitive salary and employee benefits as per industry standards with participation in annual bonus pool plan. Employee benefits include health, dental, and life insurance as well as a 401(k) and Flexible Spending Account.
Cutler Group LP Information
Cutler Group LP is an electronic market maker for most of the equity derivatives traded in the United States. We develop and operate a proprietary trading system, which manages millions of live quotes continuously throughout the trading day. We are a rapidly growing mid-sized company. As market hours in San Francisco are from 6:30 AM to 1 PM (PST), work hours are on the early side – 6:00 AM to 3:00 PM.
Due to the volume of responses, we can only respond to the candidates selected for interviews. Principals and US-based candidates only please. Please send resume to email@example.com