Cutler Group is a derivative trading firm located in downtown San Francisco and Chicago. We are a dynamic technology based company with trading and technology teams combining expertise for a successful quantitative market making firm. We are currently hiring for a motivated self-starter to join our back office team.
The Operations and Compliance Manager is a key member of the operations team who supports trading processes, helps monitor firm risk and supports firm compliance functions.
- Active monitoring of trading activities. Post trade processing and resolving trade issues in a timely manner including reviewing trade transactions and breaks.
- Reg SHO supervision and compliance.
- Analyze and review exception surveillance reports and real-time trade monitoring in accordance with firm policy and procedure.
- Review daily and periodic clearing reports and reconciliations. Identify potential issues and resolve with clearing firm.
- Help review and resolve any billing or routing discrepancies with exchanges and execution vendors.
- Support Real-time Risk Management and Risk Mitigation. Active monitoring of trading platforms for signs of abnormal activities. Risk awareness and aversion are imperative to the success of this role.
- Support the Chief Compliance Officer and Risk Supervisor with SEC Rule 15c3-5 compliance set ups and review.
- Perform compliance reporting and monitoring functions in accordance with firm policy and procedure
- Support regulatory examinations and audits and assist with audit due diligence sessions.
- Collaborate with Risk, Compliance, Technology teams on operational issues.
Education, Experience & Skills:
- Understanding of options and option market making.
- 5+ years of similar experience with an emphasis on trading support.
- High degree of technology literacy and strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Excel.
- Active series 24 and 3 series preferred
- Trade & Rule 15c3 Compliance experience with direct application of FINRA broker-dealer regulations.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Highly organized, efficient, and detail oriented.
Hours are option market trading hours from 6:30 AM to 1 PM (PST) plus pre-open and post-close support.
Cutler Group LP offers competitive salary and employee benefits as per industry standards with participation in annual bonus pool plan. Employee benefits include health, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as a 401(k) and Flexible Spending Account.
Due to the volume of responses, we can only respond to the candidates selected for interviews. Principals and US-based candidates only please. Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org