The IT Support Specialist is required to provide day-to-day support of Cutler Group’s desktop computing community in a confident and professional manner. Support and maintenance of the following is expected: desktop, server, and printer hardware procurement and deployment; Windows and Ubuntu desktop operation systems deployment and support; Windows Server and AD administration; and client-side application support ranging from office products and third party trading applications to proprietary applications, database access, and scripts. Other responsibilities include participation in documentation and project execution. Additionally, the IT support specialist should stay abreast of current and new technology as it relates to their role, as well as, have a strong sense of organization and prioritization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assess hardware requirements and source equipment from multiple vendors at competitive prices.
- Receive, setup, document, and track assets including computing hardware, software licenses, contract services, and individual month to month accounts.
- Complete and update technical documentation regarding application installations, pc deployment processes, and OS build processes.
- Take ownership of reported issues and follow though until completed to the satisfaction of the requesting user and manager.
- Support vba automated excel applications
- Develop and support automation processes for end user needs, administration maintenance, and reporting.
- Support and maintain printer, phone, and building access systems.
- Provides installation, configuration, support, updates, and custom reports for proprietary and commercial software and trading applications.
- Administer the setup and termination of employee accounts for services including network access, email, chat, and other related services.
- Troubleshoot and evaluate application performance. Determine best hardware and software configurations for performance optimization.
- Move computers, desks, and other equipment in the office as needed.
- Assists with the set up and termination of e-mails accounts/passwords.
- Install and support Windows and Ubuntu, server and desktop operating systems with an emphasis on standardization and automation in both physical and virtual environments.
- Administer Windows AD for secure access to machine, database, and file location services.
- Assists in the implementation and completion of computer projects.
- Consult with outside vendors to seek support and solutions for end user applications.
Required Skills & Experience
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Experience deploying and administering Windows 7 and 10, Server 2012, 2016, and 2019.
- Comfort working with Linux systems
- PowerShell and/or bash scripting experience
- Familiarity with Perl, Python, VBA, and other scripting languages
- Familiarity Jira & Confluence
- Experience with Hyper-v
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds
Cutler Group LP offers competitive salary and employee benefits as per industry standards with participation in annual bonus pool plan. Employee benefits include health, dental, and life insurance as well as a 401(k) and Flexible Spending Account.
About Cutler Group LP
Cutler Group is a derivative trading firm located in downtown San Francisco. As market hours are from 6:30 AM to 1 PM (PST), work hours are on the early side – 6:00 AM to 3:00 PM.
Due to the volume of responses, we can only respond to the candidates selected for interviews. Principals and US-based candidates only please. Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org