Cutler Group, LP has a job opening for a Hardware/FPGA Engineer at its San Francisco, California, location.
- Within financial trading firm, analyze business and data processing requirements to implement and improve mission-critical microprocessors for trading applications using Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGA).
- Utilize knowledge of computer architecture and computer networking to integrate and monitor computer data processing systems and trading systems hardware.
- Apply and adapt algorithms for parallel hardware implementation.
- Design, develop, test, maintain, and monitor FPGA systems.
- Develop, document, and revise system design procedures, test procedures, and quality standards.
- Perform analysis of business requirements, and develop and implement performance and system tests required to enhance FPGA trading systems hardware and circuits.
- Test for, identify, and resolve bugs and defects in the trading system hardware.
- Prototype FPGA designs for use in trading system.
- Confer with quants and traders regarding requirements with respect to trading strategies and risk controls to be implemented in hardware.
- Review, formulate, prioritize and implement new features and improvements as required.
- Design and implement performance and system tests.
- Expand and improve ultra-low latency market access and trade processing computer systems.
- Master’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or closely related field
- Two (2) years of experience as a Hardware Engineer
- Must have minimum of one (1) year of experience (industry or academic research) with the following:
- Computer hardware implementation using Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGA)
- Computer architecture for microprocessors
- Computer networking and protocols including Ethernet, TCP/UDP, IP
- VHDL or Verilog programming language
- C/C++ and Python programming language
- Parallel computer algorithms
Cutler Group LP offers competitive salary and employee benefits as per industry standards with participation in annual bonus pool plan. Employee benefits include health, dental, and life insurance as well as a 401(k) and Flexible Spending Account.
Cutler Group LP Information
Cutler Group is a derivative trading firm located in downtown San Francisco. As market hours are from 6:30 AM to 1 PM (PST), work hours are on the early side – beginning at 6:00 AM.
Due to the volume of responses, we can only respond to the candidates selected for interviews. Principals only please. Please send resume to email@example.com and reference job code HFE‑121 in subject line.