Buy-Side Equity Research Analyst (Fundamentally Driven Option Trading)
Cutler Group LP is looking for analysts who have a passion for seeking innovative and unique ways to extract edge from the market. As an analyst at Cutler you will have the opportunity to have a hybrid role as both trader and analyst. While still paired with a senior trader, analysts will have direct control over trading decisions and portfolio management.
Research analysts are expected to deliver in-depth, bottoms-up company analysis with a special focus on identifying opportunities surrounding catalyst events and special situations. During trading hours analysts will monitor incoming market information such as breaking news, economic announcements, and unusual trading activity to capitalize on real-time edge not yet identified by other market participants.
• Identifying and analyzing catalyst events such as earnings, M&A, or other special situations
• Conduct deep fundamental bottoms-up analysis and actively manage a given sector
• Work hand in hand with derivative traders on idea generation and execution
• Use statistical data to identify alpha strategies
• Providing real-time opinions on breaking news
• Interact with company management, sell-side analysts, and participate in industry conferences
What We’re Looking For:
• Passion for seeking innovative and unique ways to extract edge from the market
• Prior experience at buy-side firm and exposure to event driven analysis
• Have an understanding of options and option market making
• Self-starter, entrepreneurial
• Effective communicator, team oriented
Due to the volume of responses, we can only respond to the candidates selected for interviews. Principals only please. Position is located in San Francisco, CA. Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org